How Well Do You Know The Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief Fund?
Ten Things You May Not Have Known About the Relief Fund
1. We were labeled "an exemplary group" operating in New Jersey relief efforts by NEWS12 New Jersey's Kane in Your Corner. Watch the video here.
2. In sixteen months we have awarded $25.7 million to New Jersey non-profits active in Sandy recovery and rebuilding efforts. View our grants here.
3. 95% of received donations have gone directly to programming.
4. Together with our 93 grantee partners we have been able to help thousands of New Jerseyans with home repairs, mental health support, legal and financial counseling, and social services. You can view the Fund's impact snapshot here.
5. We launched our fourth grant cycle on March 3, 2014. The Fund intends to grant $5 million to eligible non-profits active in Sandy recovery efforts by the end of June. Click here to apply.
6. The Relief Fund was established to address long-term recovery needs. When immediate disaster response groups are gone and private insurance has been paid out the Fund will continue to track grants and address unmet needs caused by the storm.
7. The Fund is chaired by NJ First Lady Mary Pat Christie who volunteers her time and efforts to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund.
8. We are a mighty team of 5 staffers assisted by generous volunteers.
9. We all live in New Jersey and were either personally impacted or have a friend or family member who was affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc. is a private independent charitable organization, not formed or controlled by, or affiliated with the State of New Jersey or any of its agencies or offices. As a New Jersey nonprofit corporation exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), the Fund has received a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service providing that contributions to the Fund are deductible as charitable contributions under Internal Revenue Code Section 170. The fund is registered with the Charities Registration and Investigation Section of the Division of Consumer Affairs under the Attorney General of the State of New Jersey.