Thank you for your interest in volunteering your skills and time, or donating items. We understand that there are many ways to help those in need beyond monetary assistance. While our Relief Fund is not equipped to handle non-monetary donations, we recommend the following non-profit and governmental resources in identifying the places in greatest need of your donations.
VOLUNTEER TIME & SERVICE
- STATE OF NEW JERSEY VOLUNTEER HOTLINE
1-800-JERSEY 7 (800-537-7397) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NATIONAL DONATIONS MANAGEMENT NETWORK - a web portal used to assist organizations that are actively involved in recovery efforts. Volunteer opportunities are New Jersey specific, care of www.jerseycares.org .To use the portal:
- Go to www.ndmn.us/nj to register the donation or service you would like to provide
- Phone the center at 855-NJ-DONATE or email the center at email@example.com to let them know how you can help
- If your donations/services are needed, a member of VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Assisting in Disaster) will contact you to work out specifics.
- HURRICANE SANDY VENDOR RESPONSE HOTLINE - for vendors looking to donate goods or services to victims.
- (609) 984-3663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DONATE FOOD & CLOTHING
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey - www.njfoodbank.org
- Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey Inc - www.goodwillny.org
- Goodwill Industries of Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia Inc - www.goodwillnj.org