Eligibility & Guidelines
The Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc. (HSNJRF) is a non-profit organization that raises and distributes funds to organizations that support the recovery and rebuilding efforts of New Jersey communities impacted by the storm.
Please note, that at this time, there is not a direct way for individuals to apply for HSNJRF grants. Instead, the Fund is focused on providing financial assistance to charitable organizations currently assisting individuals, communities and small businesses recovering from Hurricane Sandy.
Eligibility & Guidelines
1) Organizations with proof of tax-exemption with 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service
2) Organizations seeking funding for projects/programs that will benefit one or more New Jersey communities affected by Hurricane Sandy
3) Projects/programs seeking funds that are aligned with the following HSNJRF priority areas and address unmet needs:
Example initiatives include programs that support, but are not limited to:
4) Projects should reflect a manageable scope of work reflective of the size and capacity of the organization
5) Projects/Programs requesting funds of at least $10,000
6) Organizations must be able to provide most recent audited financials. If the organization is not able to provide audited financials, an explanation and description of the current financial controls and processes is required.
7) 90% of requested funds must be used for program related expenses
8) Funds requested must be used for programs within 12-18 months from date of grant.
9) Projects/Programs must have a clear and direct connection to Sandy recovery assistance.
Application Deadline: The Fund will accept applications on a rolling basis thorugh October 3, 2013. Organizations are strongly encouraged to apply early in the application process as grants will be awarded on an ongoing basis. Final grant award announcements are expected on Thursday, October 31st.
INELIGIBLE FUND REQUESTS
- Funds for capital projects
- Funds for research projects
- Funds requested for general endowment funds
- Funds requested for religious activities and purposes
- Funds requested to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence any legislation
- Funds requested to influence the outcome of any public election
- Funds requested by any entity that supports criminal acts of violence, terrorism, hate crimes, or the destruction of any state
- Funds requested by any entity that discriminates on the basis of race, national origin, religion, military and veteran status, disability, sex, age, or sexual orientation
Please note that while disaster planning and preparedness are very important needs, they are not eligible for funding at this time. Consequently, requests for generators and other disaster preparedness initiatives are outside our current giving guidelines.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org