Eligibility & Guidelines
The Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc. (HSNJRF) is a non-profit organization that raises and distributes funds to organizations that support the recovery and rebuilding efforts of New Jersey communities impacted by the storm.
Please note, that at this time, there is not a direct way for individuals to apply for HSNJRF grants. Instead, the Fund is focused on providing financial assistance to the organizations that are committed to assisting individuals, communities and small businesses.
|Eligibility & Guidelines|
1) Organizations with proof of tax-exemption with 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service
2) Organizations seeking funding for projects/programs that will benefit one ore more New Jersey Communities affected by Hurricane Sandy
3) Project/programs seeking funds that are aligned to the following HSNJRF priority areas:
Example initiatives include programs that support, but are not limited to:
4) Projects/Programs requesting funds of at least $10,000
5) Organizations must be able to provide most recent audited financials. If the organization is not able to provide audited financials, an explanation and description of the current financial controls and processes is required.
6) 90% of requested funds must be used for program related expenses
7) Funds requested must be used for programs within 12-18 months from date of grant.
Application Deadline: Applications are due March 15, 2013 at 12pm ET. All applications submitted after this date, will be considered for the next grant cycle.
INELIGIBLE FUND REQUESTS
- Funds requested for the benefit of an individual, such as travel, study, or similar purposes
- Funds requested for general endowment funds
- Funds requested for religious activities and purposes
- Funds requested to carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence any legislation
- Funds requested to influence the outcome of any public election
- Funds requested by any entity that supports criminal acts of violence, terrorism, hate crimes, or the destruction of any state
- Funds requested by any entity that discriminates on the basis of race, national origin, religion, military and veteran status, disability, sex, age, or sexual orientation
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org